Sunday, November 3, 2013

All we hear is Radio ga ga. Radio blah blah.

Well here it is- my second post. Before starting this, a good deal of my time was spent on the internet downloading music or streaming videos. So I decided to share my "secrets" of the sites I use to do all this. it's hard to wade through all the crap to find legitimate sites that work, have a decent selection, & won't load up your hardware with viruses. So here is my current array of options. (You can probably find other sites that work just as well, but these are the ones I've found that work for me.):

PeerBlock

Before downloading anything, I installed a IP address blocker. In the past, I had been using the website The Pirate Bay to download torrents. & then I ran into the problem of Charter sending literally hundreds of emails about me downloading illegally. PeerBlock is a free & open source software firewall application.
PeerBlock lets you control who your computer "talks to" on the Internet.

Utorrent

Everyone who's ever downloaded anything off the internet ever should of at least come in contact with torrents. I find them neat little packages of convenience. So you gotta have a program to download those suckers in, right? So my preferred choice: utorrent.

 

Downloading sites

Kickass Torrents
This website is my first choice go to option here. It almost always has what I'm looking for. You can download music, movies, games, & more in torrents.

YouTube to mp3 Converter
Sometimes you wanna download one specific song or something not very popular that you can't find on your first choice site. That's when you find it on YouTube, copy the link, & then paste it into this site where it'll turn it into a downloadable mp3 file for you.

YouTubeMP3
Same concept as the above link, but sometimes an "error" message will come up & the file won't convert.

 

Streaming sites

South Park
Wanna watch episodes of your favorite redneck 4th graders? Nothing beats the official site.

Watch Series
This sites has links for pretty much every TV show & it's episodes out there.

Asian Horror Movies
The name says it all.

Crackle
Kinda like the offbeat, independent version of Netflix.

Solar Movie
Movies, movies, movies.

Jinni
This is a site I just recently found on StumbleUpon. It's pretty limited in the selection of streaming links it gives you. But it has television shows & movies. I've been using it mainly for the fact that you can rate titles & it will create a "movie personality sketch" for you that organizes/categorizes your tastes & gives you suggestions of similar titles for you to watch. You can also sync it with your Netflix account.

Netflix
So I've already named dropped this site twice. But do I really have to say anything about it? You already know what the deal is here. This is the only website listed here that isn't free.

Hulu
Just like Netflix, you know what the deal is here too. mainly TV shows, but a handful of movies too. Catch is that the upgraded version is better than the freebie one.

Nick Reboot
Nickelodeon shows from the 90s & early 2000s streaming 24/7. Sound great? It is.

The Simpsons
D'oh.

Family Guy
Why not?


So there ya go. Say goodbye to cable & buying actual physical copies of things anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment